Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ruth and the Angels

.
'"So tired of the straight line, and everywhere you turn
there's vultures and thieves at your back...
In the arms of the angel, may you find some comfort here."


My Angel, My Friend

        I miss my friend Ruth.  She and her husband are globe trotters, and at times I lose track what country she's in at the moment.  Lately, I've really wanted some lightness in my life, and it's times like this when I hear my own spirit guides say to me, "Elisa, it's time to go get The Book."




        They mean the delightful little children's book Ruth wrote and illustrated some years ago titled, My Angel, My Friend.  This book always lightens my spirit.  I think it's infused with angel energy. Just holding it in my hands makes me feel better.  Ruth occasionally teaches angel-puppet-making workshops, based on this book.  Sounds like a fun thing to do right about now; maybe I'll teach a workshop myself.

        Another book I get a kick out of is Ruth's Laughing with Angels: Joyful Ways to Connect with Your Angels and Spirit Guides (I guess you could say it's a grown-up version of My Angel, My Friend).  There are some beautiful passages in there about interacting with the spirit realm in general, and I may post an excerpt in this blog.


One Prayin' Woman

        As I mention in my article, "My Experience Doing Angel Card Readings," I discovered many people relate to angels, not just children.  It surprised me how many adults interacted with angels on a regular basis, or at least have a good "angel story" or two to tell, once they know I'm cool and won't think they're crazy.

        The first time I met Ruth was at the metaphysical store where I worked.  She walked past me into the store as I sat outside on a break.  A strong impression of her aura came into my awareness.  It had huge white streaks throughout it, which indicates to me frequent, significant interactions with the angelic realm.  I rarely ever see this on anyone, so I was intrigued.  I also saw her praying a lot in my mind's eye, and praying deeply.

        Curious, I went into to the store to chat with her.  Not surprisingly, she had come to the store that day to drop off several of her books, which, of course, centered around angels!  I related to her these, and various other impressions.  Later, as I got to know her, I found out my impressions about her were quite accurate.  And I had no idea just how deep her relationship with angels, and other spirit beings, truly ran. 


Laughing with Angels


        While Ruth is a praying woman, it's certainly not the "Now I lay me down to sleep...," pre-worded kind of praying.  Quite the contrary, her spirit people are her "posse."  She messes with them. They mess with her back.  It gets antagonistic at times, usually quite funny.

        But underlying it all is deep respect, admirable naturalness and inquisitive intelligence.  She laughs with the angels, and I swear, they laugh with her, too.  That's why the angels point me to her work whenever my life starts getting heavy.  They want me to follow her lead, and lighten up.

        A couple years ago Ruth promoted her books on a metaphysical show on BlogTalk Radio (which I embedded below --click on the white arrow).  The guest before her is conspiracy theorist, David Icke.  Ruth's segment begins about 60 minutes in, which is about at the half way mark.  She first chats about different dimensions, or densities as some say.  Then, she starts in on my favorite part of the show, talking about angels.

        Thank you Ruth for the wonderful work you do, my friend.  Thanks for reminding us that no matter what's happening around us, we're always in the arms of the angels.


________________________________________________

Once, I did a reading for someone, and as I was going home, I heard the following song blaring in my ears, over and over again. Some time later, I spoke to a close acquaintance of the person I had done
the reading for and told her about this.  She said that song was played at the person's daughter's funeral, and that before our reading, the person had asked her daughter for a definite sign of her presence.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment